Thursday, March 03, 2005

First Step

Is it possible that one step, one change, one thing going just a tad differently, is enough to change the tides. After a long period of time where attitudes and behaviors have down spiraled out of control, it becomes quite hard to see an upside. I have spent much time pondering changes I could make and then which changes I should make. In this time I have realized change is precipitated not by holding on to lofty ideals, but rather the willingness to adapt these ideals to an actual context. The problem for me arises in which context to focus my efforts. The problem arises for me in pinpointing the cause contributing to my lack of steadfast focus.

Various causes have derailed my focus in the past, all to be found in the tangled threads of my psyche. Drastic emotional shifts, debilitating fears and an inability to communicate have put within my person an ability to block out a true hope and replace it with a temporary fix. Time has given me the opportunity to use the pages of history as a guide to the underlying motes operandi in my life. The key is to now address the issues that have prevented my pursuing long-term goals to make possible the first step.

If it is possible to train ones mind to overcome the years of conditioning and pattern formation engrained throughout life experiences, then it is possible for me tackle hurdles preventing my true happiness. This being so, let my current efforts of self-actualization be the catalyst to my first step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home